Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 4

It's been a very triumphant day for me. I punched 40 minutes into the treadmill. At 18 minutes I was ready to call it quits. With each set of steps I started saying "no choice." Something a friend told me worked for her, a few months back. I pushed through and did my time plus cool down.

As I wiped down the machine the ellipticals were taunting me. I tried to use one once and darn near fell off. I was determined to try again though. I got on and conservatively punched in 5 minutes. After 2 minutes I had found my groove and was going at a good clip. My thighs were burning like you wouldn't believe. My heart rate started getting a little high so I backed down my momentum. After 4 minutes I bumped it to 10 and at 8 minutes I bumped it to 15. I am so shocked and happy I was able to stay steady that whole time!

I came home and had a snack, paid some bills online then headed out to Kung Fu Panda with the kidlets. This is the second time this week we've hit the theaters and I resisted popcorn! I am seriously patting myself on the back. Tonight is track night. Wed was so stressful I almost got a chili cheese fries. I didn't but I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close!

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 1 whole wheat toast (dry), cantaloupe

Workout - 45 mins treadmill (282 cals) 17 mins elliptical (176 cals)

Snack - 3/4 c Special K vanilla almond, 1/2 c skim milk, 1/2 c strawberries

Lunch - Subway 6" bacon and lettuce on wheat, small banana

Dinner - grilled chicken (3oz) salad with Kraft free Italian dressing, 1 c veg barley soup

Snack - 4 meatballs

Total Calories: 1335

I know meatballs are an "odd" snack food, especially an evening snack. I'm at the track though and low on calories, protein and fat. It's the best option I have to get those in. I'll be up for another 2 hours or so anyway so i won't feel too guilty about it. Having worked out today I really can't go under on calories.

No comments:

I've found I like the more personal feel to my blog when I share about my day and family. I hope you enjoy reading the extra stuff too. It keeps it from having that stale feel of calorie figures and counting beads of sweat through my journey.