Friday, July 25, 2008

Day 18

Good morning! I am showing a maintain on the scales but the measuring tape says losses all over. I can take that and be happy. Especially since I was over quite a few days and my weight was up almost all week.

Dare I say it's actually sunny out today in NH??? I am so happy. I tried to reserve a pass to the zoo (Boston) online with the library but it yelled at me. Said I'd had 3 unused reservations within a year so I can't. lol Guess I'll have to go pick it up in person.

My 2 older boys are upstairs getting into showers now. When they get out I will get the little 2 and myself all cleaned up and go into the city to pick it up. Cross your fingers we get it.

I plan to pack turkey sandwiches, cucumber sticks and fruits for us. I'll have to stop off for beverages though. I am hoping to get there as early as possible. I want to be home for 2-2:30 so I can hit the gym before we go to the track tonight. It's day 1 of adding weight machines and I may need extra time, since I'm not familiar with them anymore.

Breakfast - Special K chocolate delight with skim milk

Well I'm home again... and it's only 11:45. Yeah the whole pass thing has me very angry. Apparently I was not only blocked from reserving passes online but from getting any period! Even if I am there in person. Oh I let them know what I thought of that policy and asked who to write to to have that changed. I can see blocking me from online but to not have ANY? I left and had a mental breakdown over finances being why I need the passes. Once upon a time we would have memberships to these places or jet off without a worry. Now we have to figure out not only admission but gas to go anywhere. I wanted to go order a whopper and fries stat but I didn't. Feeling good for 5 minutes isn't worth the extra gym time.

So I swung in to fill up the van with gas. My discount was up to 40 cents off! I scanned my card and saw it only discounted me 10 cents. I asked the cashier and he simply replied "yeah that's happened to a lot of people today and we don't know why." So $64 later I was full and just ready to cry.

I called D all upset about everything and he reminded me that I DID go to pick up the last library pass. They were closed. The website said they'd be open but they had a closed note on the door. I called them back up and explained that. She said the website says closed Saturday but checked and saw that it indeed did not. HA! She reset me to be able to get passes again... too late for today though. :o( I'm going to try and salvage some of the day since it's nice out. We have about 3 hours to do something.

Lunch - leftover chicken and pasta from last night

Ok, when part of the boys' ceiling came down I let myself give into stress eating.

Snack - 2 cheese sandwiched and 2 PB+J sandwiches

Dinner - grilled chicken salad with kraft free Italian

Snack - hot dog

Total Calories: 1570

1 comment:

Tiara said...

I'm really sorry your zoo trip didn't work out :( That is a silly policy, I can understand blocking from the site but in person?? Hey sometimes life happens, not much you can do about it, eh? Glad it's all worked out now.

I've found I like the more personal feel to my blog when I share about my day and family. I hope you enjoy reading the extra stuff too. It keeps it from having that stale feel of calorie figures and counting beads of sweat through my journey.