Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 28

We had a great day! We took the kids and headed up to ME for a beach day. When we got there D suggested we hit York's Wild Kingdom. I'd never been there so I didn't know what to expect.

Two thumbs up for having a ton of stuff for smaller kinds! Many many rides were 48" and under. N was like right on the line so he was able to go on the small rides and some of the big rides. C was a little annoyed most of the rides were too small for him. He was happy he was able to ride alone on stuff the other 3 needed an adult for though.

We stayed there for about 6 hours. We got stuck in about 4 rain showers that moved through quickly. We took shelter under trees or in the arcade. We walked down the street for lunch and just missed one. We even got to do paddle boats 3 and 3. I took E and N. D took C and J. We had a blast!

After we packed up there we headed over to the beach for some evening fun in the waves. All the kids got knocked over at some point which was pretty funny. D stayed at the tide line and I went in the water. So we had quick access to all the kids. J was hysterical... kept running in and out. E would grab onto me for fear of knocking over again. C and N were riding the waves in body surfing. Def need rafts or boogie boards next time!

Breakfast - leftover steak sub

Lunch - clam strips and chowder

Dinner - cheeseburger and waffles

Total Calories - 1676

Don't ask about dinner.... I had to rummage for food because everything was frozen. lol Before our adventure to York I swung by my gym and got a new key fob for entry. I have had no lunch finding my keys.

No comments:

I've found I like the more personal feel to my blog when I share about my day and family. I hope you enjoy reading the extra stuff too. It keeps it from having that stale feel of calorie figures and counting beads of sweat through my journey.