Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cross your fingers

Today as I was paying our bills I was glad to be able to pay a couple week early on some things. I also realized that the "big" things don't show up til the end of the month though. I needed to really hunker down and start looking for work. This race season hasn't been the most reliable. We're not in trouble but it could be better.

So back story - I applied at a company back in February I think. I wanted the job so bad I could taste it. Starting pay was good and they offered evening hours. The work was similar to things I have done in the past with more challenge. I waited and waited and felt pretty rejected when they didn't call back. Nor did the other dozen jobs I put in for. Or so I thought.

There was an issue with my voice mail system. I didn't know I had one. I thought my messages would come through on my machine but Comcast's voice mail kicks in before my machine can. I had no idea! I found out on accident this June. I had over 130 messages that had collected over 6 months. One was from this company. I was sick over my missed chance. Until today - I got a second chance! They had a job listed on Monster again so I put in for it.

Breakfast - cheerios with 2% milk

Lunch - leftover chinese

Dinner - chicken and potatoes

Workout - 60 mins elliptical (642 cals)

Snack - Zone Bar

Total Calories: 1927

No comments:

I've found I like the more personal feel to my blog when I share about my day and family. I hope you enjoy reading the extra stuff too. It keeps it from having that stale feel of calorie figures and counting beads of sweat through my journey.